Moving Hearts was an Irish folk-rock band, formed in about 1980 by seven established musicians. They followed in the footsteps of Horslips in combining Irish traditional music with rock and roll, and also added elements of jazz to their sound. The band was organized a cooperative effort, with all profits and costs borne by the seven band members and three members of the road crew. Moving Hearts are known for politicized lyrics in many of their songs, though there were also a number of instrumentals.
* Christy Moore - well-known balladeer, formerly of Planxty
* Donal Lunny - Irish producer/musician, formerly of Planxty and the Bothy Band
* Declan Sinnott - guitarist
* Keith Donald - jazzy saxophonist
* Eoghan O'Neill - bass player
* Davy Spillane - pipe player, now a well-known solo performer
* Brian Calnan - rock-influenced drummer